About

HackingChristianity (HX.net) is the personal website of Rev. Jeremy Smith, a pastor in the United Methodist Church.

My passions are Christian ministry, social justice, and internet theory. You will find all three of those here!

After running anonymous and pseudonymous blogs for the past 5 years, I've decided to take the plunge and run my own personal website. I got tired of running into people and wanted to say "yeah, I've blogged about you" or talking about current events and wanted to say "yeah, I've blogged about that"...but I couldn't because they were anonymous blogs or part of a group blog. There's a lack of accountability associated with anonymous blogs that I'm just not comfortable with now that I'm in a pastoral role.

So, here we are. HackingChristianity.net. The origins of the website name are discussed here. Don't freak out, it's more nerdy than blasphemous...I promise.

Thanks for stopping by. If you want to learn more about where I've been and my experiences, my CV is here.

Fun times!

~Jeremy

Post Your Comment (click here for a pop-up comment form)

Questions? Read the "Four Responsibilities of Commenting"
Jazz hands! ~Jeremy

Comment via FriendConnect

Favorite Sites

Latest from the Methoblog

Search the Methodist World

Want to see more United Methodist responses to a topic? Enter the topic into this search engine and search ONLY methodist blogs and sites!

UMJeremy's shared items

Disclaimer: all original content reflects the personal opinions of Rev. Jeremy Smith, not the doctrinal positions or statements of the United Methodist Church local and global.
all linked or quoted content represent the source's opinions, not Jeremy or the United Methodist Church.

  Blogger Template © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP