Psalm 23 for UM Ordination Candidates

There's been lots of UMC ordination posts recently...to add to the conversation, my friend Kelly Drescher @ BU wrote this and I got permission to share!

Psalm 23 for UM Candidates

God is my mentor, I shall not be found lacking

My mentor brings me back to a place of prevenient grace; I am led to the cooling water of life; my justified soul is restored here. I am guided through the correct channels for the sake of maintaining integrity of Order.

Even though I find myself in the midst of dCOM, BOoM and other boards, I shall not be brought to paralyzing terror, for you (my mentor) are with me. Your Book of Discipline and knowledge will guide me through with love.

You point out my ministerial strengths and fruits of the Spirit in front of these committees and boards. You acknowledge me as your mentee – I am your sheep, and I am overjoyed to be your apprentice.

I doubt not that love and grace will follow me through this journey and all the days of my life, and I will live in God’s parsonage my eternal life long.
Kelly Drescher
Excellent! Thanks Kelly!

Post Your Comment (click here for a pop-up comment form)

Questions? Read the "Four Responsibilities of Commenting"
Jazz hands! ~Jeremy

Comment via FriendConnect

Favorite Sites

Latest from the Methoblog

Search the Methodist World

Want to see more United Methodist responses to a topic? Enter the topic into this search engine and search ONLY methodist blogs and sites!

UMJeremy's shared items

Disclaimer: all original content reflects the personal opinions of Rev. Jeremy Smith, not the doctrinal positions or statements of the United Methodist Church local and global.
all linked or quoted content represent the source's opinions, not Jeremy or the United Methodist Church.

  Blogger Template © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP