WikiChurch: Childrens and Youth Ministry

Well if you know any Methodists this time of year, you probably hear a lot about clergy transitions.  It is a bittersweet time of saying goodbye and of anticipating new opportunities for both the outgoing pastor and the receiving parish that gets a fresh perspective every few years.

I've been pastoring a New England United Methodist parish for three years.  It is my first church to serve as pastor since graduating seminary in 2006.  And on Sunday, I told them I would be saying goodbye.  I have been assigned a new appointment in Oklahoma where I will be in my home state and continue along the ordination process that I entered in 2006.

Here's where you come in: My new appointment is as an Associate Pastor, focusing on children's, youth, and young adult ministries.  I know a LOT of people in these type ministries either in clergy or lay roles.  And if I blog about wiki-way of doing ministry, then it makes sense that the aggregate wisdom of those people would be very valuable to me.

I need your help.  I feel I would benefit tremendously from their (your) wisdom.

So, to that end, I've created a Google Form for you to give me (and thus us) some help!  It's got two sections:

  1. What words of wisdom do you have for children's and youth ministry?
  2. What resources would you recommend I take a look at? (curriculumn, websites, books, media, etc)
Check out the form here and offer your response! 

Thanks in advance for your experience and words of wisdom.

If you aren't familiar with these types of ministries, pass this on to someone who is!

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comments:

Anonymous,  May 14, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

Hi Jeremy! Welcome back!

I don't have any expertise in that area, but I will pass it on to some who might.

See you at Conference?

Bruce Davis

Post Your Comment (click here for a pop-up comment form)

Questions? Read the "Four Responsibilities of Commenting"
Jazz hands! ~Jeremy

Comment via FriendConnect

Favorite Sites

Latest from the Methoblog

Search the Methodist World

Want to see more United Methodist responses to a topic? Enter the topic into this search engine and search ONLY methodist blogs and sites!

UMJeremy's shared items

Disclaimer: all original content reflects the personal opinions of Rev. Jeremy Smith, not the doctrinal positions or statements of the United Methodist Church local and global.
all linked or quoted content represent the source's opinions, not Jeremy or the United Methodist Church.

  Blogger Template © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP